May 17, 2009

The most intelligent Indian..."the common man!"

Hey the election games are over! It finally ascertained the claims by a lot scientific researches that given a particular situation, humans react in a particular way!

I couldnt rationalise and reason the fact that 1 billion people think alike or in similar lines?
How do people vote? Is there a pattern to it? What is that they do?
  • Do they listen to the poll campaign?
  • Do they look at their problems vis-a-vis the expectation from the government?
  • Or do they vote based on which of the candidate is most probably going to favor him/her? (caste/money/religion/region..you name it)
  • Do they just follow the gut feel?
This is not a simple equation, as to me everything had it share of influence! But still coming up with one verdict fascinates! When you see the right thing being done, you feel happy. When you know, you did it, your neighbour did it, your family did it, your city did it, you feel proud. I am that proud!

Apart from being non-partisanic, one has to be political. I am political and I wish for an India where there is clarity of thought, purpose and action in people and our chosen leaders.
Some of our leaders lack thought, some purpose and many action. Last evening a host of "leaders" that India was ashamed to have, were embarassed! Yes! I was happy to see these "leaders" humbled.

With this India has not only demonstrated that the excuses such as being a complex country, democratic agenda, secular vision etc are dispelled off hand. But also by simply not giving the world to have a laugh over the auction of Indian democracy. I am happy that the voter has kept some of the forces of jingoism and hoonglism where they deserved to be.

I am not a victorious party man before you guys fire me. In my opinion te opposition camp lacked clarity in thought(their core issues) and action( supporting the acts of Jingoism, to a major extent). Congratulate anyone for whom you can still see the black dot in the middle finger/pointing finger for he, the great Indian common man, had emerged as the real hero over the last two days!
Elections continue to fascinate me!

1 comment:

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hey yo! :) Hows u? Ohayo gozaimaz!
//Congratulate anyone for whom you can still see the black dot in the middle finger/pointing finger for he, the great Indian common man, had emerged as the real hero over the last two days!
Elections continue to fascinate me! //

I enjoyed readng these lines in the entire post :P